love in literature

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Adventures in Contentment

This book was published in 1907 by Ray Stannard Baker, who also used the pen name of David Grayson.  Interesting!  I am starting it right away, and can't wait to share more.

It has taken me a while to finish this, but I am finally done! I could identify with the character's move to the country, so I understood much of what he was saying about the peace of such a life style change.  How just the simple pleasures of owning land can bring contentment that couldn't be found in the city.  It was surprisingly funny at times, which I greatly enjoyed.  As I enjoyed this book, I also found myself at times wanting desperately to read it aloud to somebody.  To me it was almost poetic in nature how it was written, and I would picture myself outside on my own land, sitting by my own tree, reading to someone I loved. I didn't find I wanted to read much of it at one time, so it took me longer than usual to finish, but overall I did enjoy this read.

No comments:

Post a Comment